Our Life Timeline

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Change The Story of Women!



Thursday, February 14, 2008

For The Love...

Valentine's Day 2008. I'm not a Valentine's Day Hater. In fact, I love V-day! I can't help it. I've had someone to love for 7 years straight now. Ok, you can blame me for being a schmuck, but let me explain:

From my first Valentine's Day in First Grade, I have hand made every single Valentine's I have ever given out. And by hand-made I mean I cut the hearts out of construction paper, glued the doilies, hand wrote "Happy Valentines," "Be Mine," or "Boys are Gross" on every single one. I was famous in this small, secluded Elementary school world for my hand-made valentines. In fifth grade, we were all supposed to make "Valentine Boxes" (not a new concept) to hold our Valentines. It was to be a contest. Sure, one girl made her box with a flipping carousel on the top, but mine failed miserably. Why? Because I had to cut out 120 (not kidding) hearts, glue at least 45 doilies, write Happy Valentine's Day From, ME! 33 times. And it was exhausting. But, this only instilled a love and devotion to Valentine's Day and what it meant to share your platonic love for your friends.

My second excuse for being in love with Valentine's Day (pardon the pun) is that my mom has always tried to be inventive and secretive for this lovers holiday. She is always playing tricks on my dad, buying him presents, taking him secret places and the like. My mom actually kidnapped my father one time for a boondoggle. Yes, event my father is subject to boondoggles. This year, they are escaping their last bird in the nest (Evan) for a romantic evening away. This sneekiness has rubbed off on me quite a bit. One year, my boyfriend (now husband) was going to be gone on V-day, so I packed his bag with all kinds of red goodies, like all red Fruit Loops and Red Hots, and little love notes. As Sara says, I'm a dork-a-saurus. Tell me about it. So, as it is Valentine's Day, I can't tell anyone what I've cooked up for my loved ones this year. But trust me, it's going to be great!

Here's to Happy and Healthy Relationships! Hug someone you love!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker