Our Life Timeline

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Change The Story of Women!



Monday, February 4, 2008

Lesson 1: Llama Cakes and Secret Rolls.

It is essential in my family that you know how to cook. Now, this isn't "know how to cook" to please your man, your father, or anyone else (women's lib-at ease). This is "know how to cook" to please your palette. The Boggs women are famous for their biscuits, pot roasts, creative pies and oh yes, our rolls. Now, this is the family secret. No, you won't find the recipe here, or anywhere else. My mother barely let me have it! But, these are the crowning piece to our cooking success. Found at as many functions as possible, these rolls are the purpose of a family secret society of cooks.
Surprisingly, it wasn't the day I went away to college that I realized my mom was a genius in the kitchen. It had to be the day my youngest brother, 5 years younger than me and my best friend, came home from kindergarten and said, "Mom, I want a llama on my birthday cake." Now, my mom being the creative baker she is, looked at him and said, "You want a Llama cake?" "No! I want a llama ON my cake," Evan replied. And what did he get? A Llama on his cake.

Now, if that wasn't enough, weeks later he came home from the same kindergarten and said, "Mom, we need a cake for class."
"And what kind of cake do you need?" My mother replied.
"A cake for the ocean."
And so was born....The Yellow Submarine cake. Yes, periscope and all.

Lesson 1: Learn to cook and bake and please your palette.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker